A chemical engineer bio energy
We are looking for a chemical engineer bio energy prepared to produce solutions in the development and implementation of technical solutions.
The Thermal and Biomass Lab team
Within the Centralized Generation department, the Thermal and Biomass lab is working for CCGT, conventional, biomass power plants and thermal industrial boilers, doing research activities, developing global solutions and managing projects for customers worldwide.
For our activities on thermal processes and biomass, we seek to appoint a project manager, with relevant operational expertise, who is prepared to become immersed in a range of diverse, multi-disciplinary subjects, to produce creative solutions and take the lead as a project leader in the development and implementation of technical solutions for Laborelec customers worldwide in domains covering O&M optimization, operational performance and flexibility, fuel selection and handling, combustion and flue gas treatment of thermal assets in operation (essentially for Combined Cycle Power Plants and Biomass plants) but also upstream, during the project phase up to the commissioning (green field and brown field projects, in particular when converting boilers to alternative fuels). In those projects, the project manager assists our customers in making the best technical choices, taking into account the project context, the economics and all relevant criteria defined in agreement with the customer.
The project manager also manages more innovative and research projects, developed in partnership with Laborelec key customers. Recent evolution is indeed moving towards green thermal activities, including exploring technologies for using alternative fuels such as H2 in thermal assets, and exploring alternative conversion techniques and requirements for energy generation and efficiency, necessary to implement a fully renewable bio-refinery system.
- You ensure the coordination and execution of research and technical assistance tasks for the Biomass an Thermal Labs and serve customers in Europe and worldwide. Such activities may be related a.o. to fuel switch in boilers, O&M optimization, combustion tuning, hydrogen generation and combustion,
- You take initiatives to develop new products and service activities related to thermal plant process optimization and related to the whole biomass value chain (from fuel specifications to the emission monitoring),
- You are active in the business development and sales process of those activities, in collaboration with Key Account Managers,
- You develop and maintain a strong technical network within your expertise field,
- You are able to manage sustained collaborations with partners and subcontractors,
- You have strong non-technical skills such as a solid project management and a customer centric approach, commercial or business development experience is a plus.
Other jobs at Laborelec here : https://www.laborelec.com/jobs/